Every month Super Thinkers will select a tutee at their centre to write a news article about something important to them and feature it on the Super Thinker website.
We believe encouraging children to write news about the world around them can have numerous benefits. Here are a few reasons why it is a good idea to give children this opportunity:
- Develops Writing Skills: Writing news articles requires a unique set of skills such as researching, organizing, and presenting information in a clear and concise manner. By giving children the opportunity to write news articles, they can develop and hone these skills, which can benefit them in various academic and professional settings.
- Enhances Critical Thinking: Writing news articles requires critical thinking skills as children must evaluate information from various sources and determine what is relevant and important. This process can help children become more analytical and discerning in their thinking.
- Increases Awareness: By writing about the world around them, children can become more aware of current events and issues. This can help them develop a better understanding of the world they live in and become more engaged and informed citizens.
- Builds Confidence: Writing news articles can be a challenging task, but it can also be a rewarding one. When children see their work published and read by others, it can boost their confidence and sense of accomplishment.
- Fosters Creativity: Writing news articles can also be a creative outlet for children. They can experiment with different writing styles and approaches, and develop their own unique voice and perspective.
Overall, giving children the opportunity to write news about the world around them can have a positive impact on their intellectual, emotional, and social development.